Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
This no-bake bar recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without having to turn the oven on! Classic peanut butter and chocolate flavors are made better by the addition of shredded coconut and oats. And the use of Wax Orchards’ Fruit Sweet delivers all of the sweetness without all of the guilt!
Yields 9 bars
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup almond meal
¾, plus 2 T creamy peanut butter
½ cup Wax Orchards Fruit Sweet
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine oats, coconut, and almond meal in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, melt ¾ cup peanut butter and honey in 30 second intervals, mixing until smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt to peanut butter mixture. Mix well. Mix in dry ingredients until combined. Press into square pan and refrigerate.
- For the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and 2 T peanut butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate over the top of the bars and place back in the refrigerator until firm.
- Cut into 9 bars. Store in refrigerator.
Recipe submitted by Grace Robinson